A good night’s rest is critical for good health, but more than a third of American adults are not getting enough sleep on a regular basis, according to a 2017 CDC study—and the effects extend beyond just feeling sluggish. Sleeping less than 7 hours a day can lead to an increased risk of developing chronic conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease.
Learn how to sleep better and maintain your well-being with these 7 healthy sleep tips, and share them with your friends and family in recognition of National Sleep Awareness Week!
- Stick to a sleep schedule. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, including weekends, to regulate your body’s internal clock.
- Stop or limit caffeine and alcohol intake, especially in the evening. You likely already know caffeine can keep you up at night, but did you know alcohol can contribute to insomnia and snoring?
- Exercise more. Participating in a physical activity every day, even light exercise like walking, can help improve your sleep.
- Avoid napping. Sometimes a short catnap can help get you through the day, but if you’re having trouble sleeping at night, you may be better off powering through.
- Relax. Put down your phone at least 30 minutes before bed and opt for a more calming activity, such as meditation or reading.
- Evaluate your environment. Are there any distractions or excess light in your room? Are you sleeping on an old, uncomfortable mattress and pillows? Make changes to set up your room for great sleep.
- Manage muscle cramps and spasms. Restless legs and muscle cramps can interfere with sleep. In fact, 60 percent of Americans experience nighttime muscle aches.
Theraworx Relief Can Help
Theraworx Relief is a topical solution—made with safe, gentle ingredients—that’s clinically proven to relieve and even prevent muscle cramps and spasms with daily use. Theraworx Relief has also been shown to reduce symptoms commonly associated with and accompanying restless legs syndrome (RLS), including muscle cramps and spasms. Browse the website to learn more and order a bottle online.