With the busy holiday season keeping you on your feet, you may experience more aches, including leg, foot and toe cramps. Prepare yourself for those shopping trips and afternoons spent cooking, with these five ways to relieve and even prevent achy feet and muscle cramps.
- Wear comfortable shoes. This can help prevent achy feet as well as help improve balance. Follow these guidelines from the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) as you shop.
- Raise your legs above your heart. Feet and ankles can swell from sitting or standing too long, and elevating your legs can improve blood flow through your entire body.
- Exercise your feet. Stretching is a great home remedy for leg and foot cramps—you may want to include stretching in your daily routine, year round. To get started, try these foot stretches.
- Massage your feet and legs—another effective at-home cramp treatment. Massages not only feel good, but they also release tension and boost circulation.
- Use Theraworx Relief for Muscle Cramps and Spasms. Our fast-absorbing foam can be used to relieve or even prevent (when used daily) muscle cramps and spasms. To see how easy it can be to soothe your achy feet and legs using Theraworx Relief, watch our simple how-to videos.
If you follow these sore feet remedies and still experience frequent or severe cramps, talk to your doctor. They can help you determine the best course of action.