Cozy sweaters, changing leaves, crisp apples (and maybe a little caramel): October is the perfect time to celebrate a new, cooler season—and your local pharmacist! It’s American Pharmacists Month, and as a patient, you can get involved by learning all about what a pharmacist can do for you.
What Does a Pharmacist Do?
Pharmacists are vital members of your healthcare team. In addition to safely dispensing medicine, pharmacists offer lots of services to help you live a healthy, happy life:
- Safe Medication Use. Did you know your pharmacist can explain medication labels, inform you about drug and food interactions, and act as the middleman between you and your prescriber? They can also help you pick out the best over-the-counter products and supplements for your needs.
- Flu and Other Disease Prevention. Did you know the American Pharmacists Association has more than 300,000 pharmacists trained as immunizers? The next time you visit your local pharmacy, ask a pharmacist about which immunizations are appropriate for you. The CDC recommends people get a flu vaccine by the end of October!
- Pain Management. Did you know approximately 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain? Long-term use or misuse of certain prescription medications could lead to opioid use disorder. Talk to your pharmacist about how to safely manage your pain.
- Disease Management. Did you know, along with your physician and other healthcare providers, a pharmacist can help you manage diseases such as asthma and COPD, diabetes, and high blood pressure? They use their expertise to advise you and help you maximize the benefits of your medications, while minimizing the risks.
- Prescription Side Effects Management. Did you know that muscle cramps and spasms are a reported side effect of hundreds of prescription drugs, including certain medications used to treat the above diseases? Your pharmacist can help you manage muscle cramps and spasms with a safe, effective option, like Theraworx Relief.
Ask a Pharmacist About Theraworx Relief
Theraworx Relief is an over-the-counter, non-opioid solution for relieving and even preventing muscle cramps and spasms. It comes in an easy-to-use foam you can apply as often as you need to, from your foot to your hamstring. Learn more on our website and ask a pharmacist about Theraworx Relief today. No prescription required!