The sun is shining, the weather is warm, and outdoor fitness is calling! We’ve got some great ideas for low-impact outdoor workouts (don’t forget your sunscreen, of course).
- Walking. Walking is one of the easiest low-impact workouts you can do, providing major health benefits like improved circulation, weight loss and more.
- Biking. Another low-impact exercise, biking helps improve cardiovascular health, metabolic health and cognitive performance in adults older than 70. Plus, you can have fun exploring trails with your grandkids!
- Gardening. Did you know this spring hobby is also a great outdoor workout? A large study showed that gardening cuts stroke and heart attack risk by up to 30 percent for those over 60. (And that’s just one of the health advantages.)
- Yoga. Warmer weather brings the opportunity to practice yoga outside at nearby parks. In addition to the physical health benefits, outdoor yoga can help replenish depleted energy simply by being outside.
- Swimming. Do you have a local outdoor pool, or maybe a friend or relative with a pool? Swimming is a great way to stay active, and water aerobics in particular has been shown to increase muscle strength and flexibility.
Use Theraworx Relief Before & After Activity
If you experience muscle cramps or spasms, make sure you apply Theraworx Relief at least 15 minutes before you exercise and immediately after. Our topical solution not only can help prevent charley horses before they happen, but it also releases muscle tightness and reduces muscle soreness associated with increased physical activity. Order Theraworx Relief today! You can also pick up a bottle at select stores throughout the U.S.